Agriculture’s Brighter Side Video Contest
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Agriculture’s Brighter Side video contest
- By agreeing to the terms and conditions of this contest entrants agree to let Alforex Seeds use their videos for marketing purposes.
- A list of winner’s names can be provided by email upon request.
- Users email addresses may be utilized for future Alforex Seeds promotions, but will not be shared or sold to third parties.
- Alforex Seeds Employees may submit a video, however they are not eligible to win the prizes.
Contact Us with any questions you may have.
The Fine Print
Alforex Seeds “Agriculture’s Brighter Side” OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO ENTER.
- ENTRY PERIOD: Alforex Seeds “Agriculture’s Brighter Side” SWEEPSTAKES (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on the date stated for the current contest and ends at 11:59 PM CT on the date stated for the current contest (the “Entry Period”). The beginning and ending times of the Contest shall be determined by the computers of Sponsor or its delegates.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the Fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited. The following persons are not eligible to enter the Contest: (a) persons who on or after April 1, 2021, were or are a director, officer, or employee of Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies; (b) individuals engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Contest; and/or (c) persons who are not eligible to lawfully participate in the Contest.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS: By participating in the Contest, each participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules, the terms and conditions of the Official Contest Entry Form, and the decisions of Sponsor, including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and winners, and the awarding of prizes, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- HOW TO ENTER: Enter by posting up to a 3-minute video depicting the wellbeing of agriculture to the Agriculture’s Brighter Side website at agriculturesbrigherside.com. All entries must be received during the Entry Period. For purposes of these Official Rules, receipt of entry occurs when the video has been uploaded and approved to the Agriculture’s Brighter Side website. Submissions received by Sponsor after the end of the Entry Period will not be considered.
- Multiple entries from the same entrant are permitted but each entry must be different and submitted separately through the Contest Website. Entries and photo/video submissions become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, undelivered, stolen, invalid, misdirected, misplaced, damaged, altered, illegible, corrupted, unreadable, or incomplete entries, all of which will be disqualified. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS/ODDS: Prize Winners: In accordance with the schedule below, Sponsor will tally votes by Agriculture’s Brighter Side website viewers who select their favorite videos. Sponsor will notify three (3) prize winners from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the 10th of the following month by email. VOTING SUBMISSION PERIOD: Alforex Seeds “Agriculture’s Brighter Side” Contest voting begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on the date stated for the current contest and ends at 11:59 PM CT on the date stated for the current contest. The beginning and ending times of the Contest shall be determined by the computers of Sponsor or its delegates. Individuals may vote for their favorite videos. Voters are limited to 1 vote per 24-hour period per individual device. Winners will be selected by popular vote. The top three vote recipients will win an Alforex Seeds sweatshirt with Agriculture’s Brighter Side logo on front and back. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Sponsor is not responsible for votes that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, votes will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any votes it believes violate these rules. (iii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any business or person tampering with the voting process or the operation of the website or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. Use of bots or other automated process to vote is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Offering potential voters a tangible reward or incentive for voting (e.g., buying votes, offering services or discounts in exchange for votes, providing entry into a sweepstakes for votes) is prohibited. (iv) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Contest, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. ANY ATTEMPT BY A VOTER TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. On or about the second business day after the close of the voting submission period, Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners for the Entry Period using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential winner notification that is not received by any potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential winner does not respond within seven (7) days of the first notification attempt, or if a notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to any potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. In that event, Sponsor may successively attempt to contact potential winners of each prize in accordance with such procedure until prizes are awarded. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be a total of three (3) winners. Each winner will receive An Alforex Seeds sweatshirt with an Agriculture’s Brighter Side logo, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $100.00; ARV of all prizes: $300.00. Each winner is solely responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes, and expenses associated with prize receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes on any prize. Entrant will supply all necessary tax information, as requested by Sponsor. No prize substitution, transfer, assignment, or cash redemption by winners is allowed. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value.
- PUBLICITY: By submitting an entry, each entrant grants Sponsor, its successors and assigns, permission to use entrant’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, hometown, and state for promotional purposes. Any uses of the foregoing may be in any manner or media whether now or hereafter existing (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration or consent.
- RELEASE: By entering the Contest, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, Contest partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, and agents from and against all claims, damages, or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (a) entrant’s participation in the Contest, or Contest-related activities or events, (b) entrant’s entry and submissions, (c) entrant’s representations and agreements in these Official Rules, and (d) entrant’s award, receipt, or use of any prize awarded in the Contest.
- VIDEO SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Each video submission must (a) be the original work of the entrant produced for this Contest; (b) not have been entered in or won previous contests or awards; (c) not have been published previously in any medium; (d) not infringe on any person’s intellectual property, including but not limited to copyright, trademark or right of privacy of publicity or any other rights; (e) be suitable for display and publication in all media (e.g. it may not be obscene or indecent, including but not limited to nudity or profanity); (f) not contain lewd, distasteful, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable content or material; (g) not contain defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group); (h) not include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace; (i) not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity; (j) not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations; (k) not feature or reference any trademarks, logos or other indicia of any third party; (l) not feature alcohol, tobacco, drugs, or firearms; (m) not contain music or any other copyrighted works (other than as owned by the Entrant); or (n) not contain any political messages or images. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant whose Submission is inconsistent with the requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, remove or blur or to ask the applicable entrant to remove or blur any non-material elements (e.g. small logos on clothing, artwork hanging in the background, etc.) rather than disqualify an otherwise compliant hashtag submission.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to evaluate pursuant to these Official Rules all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment and award prizes, or not award any prizes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa-Des Moines Division or the Iowa District Court for Polk County, Iowa; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction. Except as required by law, Sponsor shall have no obligation to reveal to any third party, including without limitation to any entrant, the results of, or communications related to, Sponsor’s internal deliberations associated with the Contest.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the Contest at any time, or amend or modify these Official Rules. Should any provision of these Official Rules be held by a court to be unenforceable, such provision shall be modified by the court and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Iowa.
- LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: SPONSOR’S LIABILITY TO ANY ENTRANT FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THIS CONTEST, SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, EXCEED $50.00. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, undelivered, invalid, unreadable, corrupted, misplaced, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, or misdirected entries or submissions, or entries or submissions received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware, or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (e) printing, typographical, electronic, or human errors that may occur in the offer or administration of the Contest or the processing of entries or submissions; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest, or from viewing, playing, or downloading any material from Sponsor’s website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s website by a hypertext link.
- OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST: For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Alforex Seeds Agriculture’s Brighter Side Contest Official Rules Request 16690 Greystone Lane, Jordan, MN 55352. Official Rules are posted online at agriculturesbrigherside.com.
- WINNER’S LIST: The winners’ names can be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Alforex Seeds Agriculture’s Brighter Side Contest Winner’s List Request; 16690 Greystone Lane, Jordan, MN 55352. Requests must be received by one month after the contest concludes.
- SPONSOR: Alforex Seeds LLC, 18369 County Road 96, Woodland, CA 95695.
© 2021 Corteva. All Rights Reserved